Thursday 15 December 2016

#Blogmas 2016 - Day 14 - My 2016 Reading Challenges...so far...



I last wrote an update about my reading challenges for this year back in June. At that point I was nowhere near complete. Back in June I was only 54% of the way to my minimum goal of 52 books. Now I've read 67 which means I'm at 129% of my goal already and I am also currently working on books 68 (the POA audio book - I only listen to audio books at work when it's slow), 69 (gotta finish Tao of Pooh sooner or later), 69 (The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them screenplay, I am savouring it), and 70 (The Immortals). I know on Monday I said I was considering quitting Zero Day but I ended up just powering through and speed reading it because I was still interested in the premise even though the writing wasn't fantastic. It was okay.

Even though my last update was halfway through the year I had only read 10 books to fulfill the 40 category Pop Sugar challenge. At this point I've read 23 (technically 24 when you count the prequel) and that's probably as many as I will get because none of the books I want to read for the rest of the year fit any of the remaining slots.


  1. A YA bestseller - Black Widow : Forever Red
  2. A book from the library - Blood Lite III : Aftertaste
  3. A book that is guaranteed to bring you joy - Feel the burn
  4. A book set in Europe - The Darkest Night
  5. A book with a blue cover - The Darkest Kiss
  6. A book you can finish in one day - The Darkest Pleasure
  7. A book and its prequel - book: The Darkest Night / prequel: The Darkest Fire
  8. A book that is published in 2016: The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1)
  9. A classic from the 20th century: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
  10. A book that's under 150 pages - Clouded Vision (77 pages)
  11. A book you haven't read since high school - Gallows Hill
  12. A graphic novel - In Odd We Trust
  13. A book recommended by someone you just met - Nimona (recommended by our Student Assistant Sophia just after I met her)
  14. A dystopian novel - The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1)
  15. A book that takes place on an island - Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (British Isles)
  16. A science-fiction novel - Ready Player One
  17. A book recommended by a family member - Berlin Game (recommended by mum)
  18. A book based on a fairy tale - Six-Gun Snow White
  19. A New York Times bestseller - The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner #2)
  20. A murder mystery - Nevermore (Supernatural #1)
  21. A satirical book - Horrorstor
  22. A book that's becoming a movie this year - Our Kind of Traitor
  23. A book that is set in your home [province] state - The Summer Tree (Fionavar #1)
I am declaring this challenge as complete as it's going to get so what was my final score? 23/40 = 57.5% complete. Good enough for me!

What about Book Riot's Read Harder challenge? This one I am definitely still working on I have at least 2 books I play to add to it. Those two being Tao of Pooh and the POA audio book. Back in June I had only read 4 items making me 1/6th of the way to finishing the 24 item challenge. Now I've read 14 with 2 more completions on the horizon, but that's it for the same reason as Pop Sugar's challenge.


So if I do manage to finish both POA and Tao of Pooh and get to 16, I won't be eligible for the discount but I will have completed 66.6% of the challenge and since this is my first time doing a Read Harder challenge I am going to pat myself on the back for that and look forward to next year's list.


No comments:

Post a Comment