Sunday 18 September 2016

Unboxing - Marvel #collectorcorps - August 2016 - Spider-Man box


I know it's not August anymore, it's the middle of September, but I'm only just now getting around to writing this unboxing post. The box itself arrived about a week and a half ago now. So last month's Marvel Collector Corps theme was Spider-Man. I've always liked Spider-Man, he's never been among my favourites but I like him well enough and I know a fair bit about him and his villains so I was eager to see what would be in the box.


As you see there to the left we've got the usual Collector Corps pin,(featuring Spider-Man's chest logo) and patch (adorned with his mask). We've also got the usual Funko Pop variant cover on a comic, this time it's Amazing Spider-Man 016. I keep saying that one of these days I'm going to get a jean jacket or something and sew all of the patches onto it just for giggles. The pins are currently lined up on a shelf on the book case - a couple of the backs are missing because I hijacked them to hold the Steampunk Cheshire Cat; Mockingjay; and Ravenclaw Pennant pins onto the front of my messenger bag. The backs on the collector corps pins are better than what those 3 had. One of these days I also need to get around to reading all of the random single issue comic books I now own...I'm more of a trade paperback girl, I like to wait until I can read a longer chunk all at once instead of the single issues.


There's usually a t-shirt included in the boxes, the only time before now that they've changed that up was for the Groot scarf in the Christmas Guardians of the Galaxy box. I'm going to be honest, I don't like when they change it up like that, I prefer to pick my own hats especially. That being said the quality of this hat is really good, it's a very nicely made hat. That thing that you see below the hat is a 6 inch Spider-Man Fabrikation which is Funko's answer to stuffed toys. His feet are weighted and solid and his head swivels, and I love him! I've been wanting a Fabrikation since I found out they existed.


Lastly, but certainly not least is this month's MCC exclusive Funko!Pop - it's Spider-Man of course. So what did I do with him? Well I'm not one for keeping toys in their boxes so he immediately came out of his box, and is now posed with the Deadpool Pop on top of my entertainment unit. I considered putting him with Civil War Cap & Iron Man but I love Deadpool & Spider-Man together, they make such a fun pairing.


My thoughts overall? A good box for sure, but it would have been even better if it wasn't 100% Spidey! Seriously he has such hilarious villains and they didn't include anything for them?! I think instead of having both the Pop and the Fabrikation one of them should have been a villain -  a Venom Fabrikation would have been cool! Or Doc Oc! Plushie robot arms! Oh well, wishful thinking on my part.


No comments:

Post a Comment