Monday 1 August 2016

Musing Mondays - I'm reading Cursed Child & making book spine sentences

Musing Mondays - August 1, 2016

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

I’m currently reading…:


 It's been exactly 9 years and 11 days since I last got to experience reading a new Harry Potter book for the first time. This is a feeling I genuinely thought I would never get to experience again and I am so, so glad that I get to. When it comes to books, and reading, there is no great joy for a Potterhead than all of the feelings that come from reading a new story about Harry for the first time. The absolute elation, the giddiness, the racing heart and pumping adrenaline. The competing desires to both race through the book to read the entire thing as fast as possible, and take it so slowly so that it's not over are hard to explain to non-readers. I haven't been able to wipe the dopey grin off my face since I opened the book this morning. At the moment I an taking it slowly, not reading it at anywhere near the break neck pace I read Deathly Hallows (607 pages in about 8 hours on the day it came out, including food and bathroom breaks while talking to Angie on AIM). I'm conflicted because I want to read the entire thing today, I want to devour it...but I also know that, again, this could be the last time I ever get to read a new Harry Potter book, and that's emotional. That's all I'm going to say about it thought because I promised Angie that I wouldn't discuss it anymore until her copy arrives.

          THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Make a sentence from some of the spines of the books on one of your bookshelves.

I may or may not have gone a little over board with this one. I LOVE when people use book spines to create poems or sentences, I've always wanted to do it myself but never have before now. I was always convinced I wouldn't have any book titles that could be put together coherently, I was wrong though. I wandered just the shelves in my rec room (there are many other shelves throughout the house) and actually found quite a few and came up with, in my opinion, a really cool sentence. Which would probably read as a paragraph if I hadn't gotten creative with the punctuation:


-- Override -- Ready player one: the dark is rising, daughter of flames...what our eyes have witnessed; this savage song, days of blood and starlight in the forests of the night...strangers in the land, under the mountain, looking for Alaska; brave new world, clouded vision...the Lost Hero, soulless, out for blood; and another thing...do androids dream of electric sheep? -- Shutdown --


2 comments:

  1. Our copy of the latest HP book arrived today and my daughter immediately snuck it up to her room. I am impatiently waiting for her to finish it.

    Neat poem. I wasn't that crafty with my answer. Very impressive.

    http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2016/08/musing-mondays-aug-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up to Pt. 1 Act 2 now, i decided to take it slower and space out my enjoyment.

      Thank you! Once I got started I kind of just kept going.

      Delete